Skip to main content

THE PLACE WHERE I BELONG TO


I stepped into the room.
 It smelt familiar.
 The curtains were the same.
 Bright sunlight beaming through them.
 The floor still sparkled.
 I opened the cupboard.
 My things were shabbily stacked in a corner.
 As if someone wanted me out of the way.
 I sighed.
 Closing the cupboard, I found my table missing.
 Replaced by a more glamorous piece of furniture.
I decided it was wiser to move somewhere else.
But again, wasn’t it my place?
It truly is.
The window sill sports my coffee mug stains.
The walls still bear my pencil marks.
The same songs play in my mind.
I belong to this place.
And the place, indeed, missed me.
Badly.

Courtesy: Google


Comments

Chocolate Lover said…
Beautiful written. (: <3
Red Handed said…
reminds me of moving out of the home i grew up in!!! beautiful lines :)
Me said…
I could recall, how when I came back home after 2 years and everything that was once mine, was just indifferent to me.

Beautifully written.

Popular posts from this blog

WAITING FOR YOU

Concealed by dark clouds
You keep shining.
Bright streaks of light
Dazzle me.
Enchant me.
And keep me waiting..
Waiting for you.

Amidst Soul-lessness

There is smoke somewhere. 
I cannot seem to figure out where. 
The lights are here, the music is here.
Has it been home here ?
Perhaps. Maybe when it did not rain.
Or maybe when it rained and it did not matter.
Maybe when I walked alone, smiling to myself. 
Or maybe when I realized I was okay.
Had it been always like this ?

Not really. 
Things clicked, took effort and blood. 
Did I do it ? Or the beasts did ? Maybe we both together,
Played this game. 
Amidst soulful solitude, it was love. 
Maybe appreciation.
Another journey, another dry spell. 
Will it ever be home again ? 

P.S. : Penned at Candies, Bandra on 11th January 2017 


77 FICTION : TEAR FILLED EYES

The eyes searched someone. The one she could run to at times of need. In someone’s lap, she would pour out all her troubles.
Nobody came.  She grew up, rimmed her eyes with kohl. But they could never hide her tears.
No one came when her soul was ripped apart. No one heard her cries. No one mourned her loss.
After  a while, she thought that tears were a part of the eyes.