Skip to main content

DARKNESS


The darkness before sunrise is most dense.  She  pondered over the thought. Can this darkness get any denser ?  How  long  would be her wait ?  Most importantly, will there be a sunrise in her life ? 
Sleep eluded her. Memories of the past haunted her.  She fought them bravely. Yet. There had to be an end.
Not long ago, she had been a young girl. She thought the world was a beautiful place.  A handsome young man would take her as his wife. The mere thought gave her  titillations.
 Little did she know that her fate has conspired against her dreams. She was simply sold off to an ugly dork by her father.
She shuddered to think that she had been bartered several times, abused and shorn off her modesty.  With alarming frequency.  Nobody cared she carried a child. She was never sure who the father was. Nobody cared when she miscarried. She did not mourn it too. She felt numb, almost giving in this time.
One night she escaped. She never knew she had a bit of courage left.  She got lost in an unknown city. She had no money. She could die of hunger in a matter of days. But she did not care. She had seen a  life  worse than death.
Death failed to scare her. Life had already scarred her beyond repair.

Comments

Anupam Patra said…
You writing is capable of hitting hard. You will hear that a lot in future.
Beautiful :)
It touched a chord.
You sure do have a way with words.

Popular posts from this blog

MRS DESPATCHER(PART II)

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST… Eighteen months later…. I was beginning to like my work. It was a challenge sometimes. I had learnt to go beyond boundaries. The dreams which had eluded me once, were dawning as reality now. I had my taste of success and as they say nothing succeeds like success. I had developed a knack for solving my own problems. One day , I chanced by a couple who were seated in a corner of the quaint little coffee shop. I couldn’t believe my eyes…. Divya and Sandip…here of all places. I couldn’t help but confront them. Divya was warmer than ever before and Sandip… I knew he was feeling a bit coy..its so typical of him. But I was more than surprised when he asked me to join them. Though I didn’t refuse, they found me going after five minutes. I invited them for lunch on Sunday. It was a fine Sunday morning and my guests were sharp on time. Divya offered me help in the kitchen and I chose not to refuse. My books kept Sandip busy. She could read my mind and went on with h

ILLUSIONS OF REALITY...

The more you point out my mistakes, The more you are drawn towards me. The more you try to hurt me, The more you bleed in your heart. The more you run away from me, The more my memories haunt you. The more you want to forget me, The more you are reminded of my presence. The more you want to chase me away, The closer I come to you. The more you hate me, The more you end up loving me. The more you call me an “illusion” The more I dawn as the reality of your life….

A C R O S T I C

A s I was walking , C hoosing the hues of life, R ainclouds made an appearance O n the sunny sky above. S cuttling through untrodden paths, T he narrow bylanes,not a soul around, I was indeed lost - Drops of rain C hased me - but Ahoy! a way was found. P.S. :My first attempt on acrostic poetry.Hope my readers will like it. To know more about acrostics,click the link given. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrostic