Skip to main content

THE ABANDONED LETTER


Dear You,

Writing to you calms me. I love you for that. I love you otherwise too. Maybe I'll never be able to tell you how much I love you.

Everything is fine. Not the sort of fine when you were here but nevertheless.......fine.  As usual, Emmy's dentist  asked her to give up sugar candies. She's not going to give them up anyways. She asks for you. I guess she wants to consult you about it. My optician said that it was time I use glasses. Finally ! Remember how I used to rue the fact that I didn't have glasses. You always said it was good. To look into my eyes directly. Ah ! Those were the days. 

I have not heard from you since long. Talk to me soon. Okay.... I'm inviting myself to your place. Emmy can stay with  my mom, for a change. 

With love, 

Me. 

P.S. : I'm posting this from the same mailbox where we first met. By Jove, that street has awful traffic. People get killed. 

Comments

☆ Rià ღ said…
Heart touching... :(
No-mad said…
so heartening...!! cute - love the details
Me said…
hmmmmmm.... me is speechless sorta.
Thousif Raza said…
wow... i loved it... the line where u wrote... its beautiful to look into your eyes directly... i loved that... so sincere :)

take care and keep writing..........
Anwesa said…
@Ria,

Thanks !
Anwesa said…
@ Lil' Priya,

Thanks dear :)
Anwesa said…
@ No-mad,

Hey ! Nice to see you. Thanks :)

P.S. : I like the details too :)
Anwesa said…
@ Me,


Ummmmm.... ohkay. I like that too.
Anwesa said…
@ Thousif,

Thanks ! You really have a knack of picking out the "punch" of a post.

Popular posts from this blog

WAITING FOR YOU

Concealed by dark clouds
You keep shining.
Bright streaks of light
Dazzle me.
Enchant me.
And keep me waiting..
Waiting for you.

77 FICTION : TEAR FILLED EYES

The eyes searched someone. The one she could run to at times of need. In someone’s lap, she would pour out all her troubles.
Nobody came.  She grew up, rimmed her eyes with kohl. But they could never hide her tears.
No one came when her soul was ripped apart. No one heard her cries. No one mourned her loss.
After  a while, she thought that tears were a part of the eyes.

Is there any viable alternative to AFSPA?

The mere mention of armed forces evokes the image of courage, bravery and discipline in India. However, in north-east India and Jammu and Kashmir, the picture is vastly altered. Military force is synonymous with fear, brutality and suspicion. The main reason behind this contradictory public image is the “draconian” law, Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act. It has vested the armed forces with absolute power mainly to aid fight against terrorism and insurgency. Several unprovoked arrests, tortures, rapes and deaths go unnoticed under the wraps of AFSPA.Unmarked graves have been found in the valley. Fake encounters and disappearances make headlines.  At times, it is a case of mistaken identity. Violence in Jammu and Kashmir has increased since implementation of AFSPA in 1990. Similar incidents are reported from the north-eastern states. 
Jeevan Reddy Commission (2005) had recommended repealing AFSPA and bringing a humanitarian law in place. However, no concrete steps have been taken by th…